Re: An update is needed Fedora!

Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
Interesting suggestion.

I should add the repo to yum (the one i use) and try it in case of failure.

Current Status:

Im in the middle of rebuilding the SRPM for MySQL. Tried rebuilding the php at the same time and it said it needed sqlite3.

I tried "yum install sqlite" and it installed sqlite-2.8. I already tried to be specific and it did not work.

I assume I have to build from SRPM a sqlite3 package, downloadable possibly from any development folder in the mirrors.

Any suggestions?

Running development, I have sqlite3-3.0.8-3 and the development package installed also. If you want to rebuild the rpm for FC3, it should be available on the developmemt portion of the mirror also.

For yum, I got this info from info yum.

--enablerepo=repoid
Enables a specific repository that has been disabled in the
configuration file using the enabled=0 option.
Configuration Option: enabled

So something like
yum --enablerepo=fedora-devel.repo install pgp httpd mysql
should work to grap the binaries and dependacies like sqlite3. I don't use yum often, so the --enablerepo option might be the last argument or the first required.

Jim

-- In an orderly world, there's always a place for the disorderly.