Re: Hot to make a Dial-in server?

On 02/21/2005 07:43:24 AM, Craig White wrote:

----
1 modem - 1 user simultaneously - it's a very analog device

Good modems are generally like US Robotics V-Everything, Sportster.

Yes - U.S. Robotics is good, but make sure it is a hardware modem - which are generally more expensive. When I bought mine (which I am no longer using, but also not giving up - in case of dsl outage and I _need_ to connect) there was a penguin on the box - indicating it worked with Linux. They may or may not still do that, I don't know.

Be very wary of a modem that says it requires Microsoft Windows. They may or may not work in Linux.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/