Re: error while loading shared libraries:

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:16 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> I use only the dag repository.
>
> I enable DVD playing with the following: (not all needed I am sure but
> simple to do).
>
> yum install xine* dvd* libdvd*
>
> Then xine will play DVDs flawlessly.
>
> I also have tried totem, and at one time had totem playing DVDs but a
> reinstall because of disk failure wiped that out and I have not taken
> the time to redo it.
>
> If anyone can provide the clues needed to get totem to play DVDs that
> would be welcome for me.
>
> BTW, the dag repo can be done using the attached repo file to be put
> in /etc/yum.repos.d

(snip)

> [dag]
> name=Dag APT Repository
> baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
>   http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
>
> http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
> gpgcheck=0
> enabled=1

However it would be much better to have "gpgcheck=1" and run (just the
once), as root:

# rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

That way you are assured that the packages reach you as Dag intended
them to.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>