Re: error while loading shared libraries:

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:17 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Andre Venturoti Perrotta wrote:
> > I got it in http://howtos.linux.com/howtos/DVD-Playback-HOWTO/install.shtml
>
> Please don't top-post - it makes it hard to follow the thread properly.
>
> I don't see any instructions there for configuring FC3 (FC1 appears to
> be the latest), or indeed for using yum at all - the instructions appear
> to be for apt. Where did you get the details for setting up yum to use
> the Dag and livna.org repositories?
>
> Paul.

I use only the dag repository.

I enable DVD playing with the following: (not all needed I am sure but
simple to do).

yum install xine* dvd* libdvd*

Then xine will play DVDs flawlessly.

I also have tried totem, and at one time had totem playing DVDs but a
reinstall because of disk failure wiped that out and I have not taken
the time to redo it.

If anyone can provide the clues needed to get totem to play DVDs that
would be welcome for me.

BTW, the dag repo can be done using the attached repo file to be put
in /etc/yum.repos.d

[dag]
name=Dag APT Repository
baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag