Re: Display Fonts Are Too Small

Wolfgang Gill wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:44:02 -0500, Rick Bilonick wrote

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, John Mahowald wrote:

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:42:57 -0500, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm running FC2 and using the nvidia binary driver. The display program
to access the video drivers (and if memory servers, something to cause
the fonts to be larger) won't run. How can I get the size of the text on
the desktop and elsewhere to be larger? I'm running an ATSC 1080i screen
for watching HDTV and the screen size is 1920 x 1080 interlaced. The
text tends to be very small (and the interlace doesn't help!). It's a
pain to have to try to adjust the text size in each program or shell
separately and it doesn't affect the desktop text.

Rick B.

On the menu: Preferences > Fonts. Crank up the size and choose
different fonts, if you want.

Also, on the Details tab, specify the correct DPI. Fonts are then close to their correct sizes and I find they look a lot better.

I'm using the KDE desktop. There is no "FONTS" under preferences. I don't see anything to do with fonts anywhere.

Rick B.

[snip]

In KDE place the cursor on an empty location on the screen, and right click.
A menu should appear, then goto Configure Desktop. In there you should be able
to change the fonts, in the Appearance section.

Wolf

In KDE, choose Control Center/Appearance and Themes/Fonts then change the font sizes as you need.