Re: Not able to print to shared OS X printer

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:36:03 -0500
"Ian P. Thomas" <ipt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> insightfully noted:

IPT>The printer I'm trying to print to is shared via OS X.  The printer
IPT>shows up in 'Printer Configuration' under 'Browsed Queues' as
IPT>'HL-1440_series', with the hostname of the Mac listed under the
IPT>'Description' column.  I selected 'Default', a check mark appeared in
IPT>the appropriate column, and hit 'Apply'.  I then select Test->CUPS
IPT>Test Page.  The following dialog box appears.
IPT>
IPT>Sent CUPS test page
IPT>to 'HL-1440_series' queue.  Does it look okay?
IPT>
IPT>The print job never makes it to the printer.  The 'Document print
IPT>status' shows a 'Status' of Sending that never changes.  Other Macs
IPT>can print to this printer without any issues.
================================
I doubt it's the printer Ian.  I've been printing to that exact Brother
printer for well over a year.  In fact, if memory serves, RH or Fedora
(can't remember which at the time) recognized, identified, and set that
puppy up without a pinky's worth of intervention from me.  Is this a
network connection you're trying??  Or are you using a switch from a
parallel port?
Mike

--
"The man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30
years of his life"