Re: My FC3 stops at "/sbin/loader"

Tomas Deceuninck wrote:
Hi,

When I boot form my FC3 DVD an I press ‘enter’ to start the installation he loads everything perfect and at the end he shows “/sbin/laoder” and then he just stops. I have no problem rebooting then with Alt+Ctrl+Del but I can’t run the install. I tried it with my cd of FC3 two but that does the same thing.

Could this be a problem with my hardware? Because I read FC3 has some trouble with an gigabyte motherboard.

Pleas help me because I’d love to work with FC3.

Thank you.

Have you tried installing in text mode?

linux text

The installation through the text installer requires tabbing to fields and the ok button. It still allows you to install the GUI stuff when you get done. I'm not sure what /sbin/loader is, but it stopped at that point for me. When I reverted to text mode, it did not have the same problem.

This might allow you to install or you could still get the problem. Others might know more regarding the gigabyte motherboards.

Jim

--
Politics and the fate of mankind are formed by men without ideals and without
greatness. Those who have greatness within them do not go in for politics.