fc3 ftp connects but not working

I connect to an XP ftp server the connection is made but can't go on further to do anything, below are what happened;

***************
[root@station-3 ~]# ftp 192.168.1.111
Connected to 192.168.1.111.
220-Microsoft FTP Service
This is XP FTP server
220 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood
500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (192.168.1.111:root): myname
331 Password required for myname.
Password: mypassword
230-Welcom to The XP FTP server
230 User myname logged in.
Remote system type is Windows_NT.
ftp> passive
Passive mode off.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

(The cursor just hangs for ever and not responding)

In my machine I have multiboot system, XP, fc1, fc3, except fc3 other 2 O/S can connect to that ftp server and download file from it.
Any advice is appreciated.