Re: Compiling the drivers for a ADSL Modem (IceData500)

Vasco Dionísio wrote:

Hello all,

I need to put my ADSL Modem to work under Red Hat Linux 7.3.
My modem model is IceData500 and the vendor says it is compatible with RH
7.3 and they even  provice drivers.

Please help me because I really would like to get rid(this is probably bad
spelled) of Windows...

In the readme file they say something about "compiling", "include files in
the kernel source", etc. (please see bellow). Well, my problem is that I am
new to Linux and I never compiled anything but my c "Hello World" 2 lines of
code programs (and I am a very bad c programmer) with only one header file
stdio.h. So compiling an operating system is something unimagible for me. I
installed my RH 7.3 from some CDs that came together with a book a bougth
and liked it (RH 7.3) a lot (this was a while ago thats why it is 7.3 and
not a more recent version and my computer is an old laptop Pentium II 400Mhz
256M RAM).

Vasco, this is a Fedora Core linux mailing list. You could download the isos for Fedora Core 2 or 3, install them and people here would lend a hand. If you want to stick with RH 7.3 for a while, you would benefit from visiting Fedora Legacy's site, http://fedoralegacy.org/. where some support for RH 7.3 is available. You could also signup for their mailing list.