unable to get online with Verizon DSL under Fedora ( 82562ET NIC )

Just thought I would post this question while I continue to spend hours and hours trying to resolve this problem. The problem is when I installed Fedora Core 3 I was unable to get on the internet using the integrated ethernet card and the Verizon Westell Router/Modem 327W .  I've tried several things but nothings work thus far. When I try the command: ifconfig eth0 up this is the message I get:

"SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable"

It seems that I may have a IRQ conflict but I've never had to resolve
this kind of issue so I was hoping someone can at least point me in the
right direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Here are my specs:

Dell Dimension 4700
ATI X300 PCIE 128MB
Intel Corp. 82562et/ez/gt/gz-pro/100 ve (lom) Ethernet Controller
(driver: e100)
device: /dev/eth0
Brooktree Corporation BT878 Capture (Hauppauge wintv go)
Agere Systems FW323 firewire card
Fedora Core 3

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org