Re: RH9 to Fedora

Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> rh9 to fc1 was mostly painless, rh9 to fc2 broke a few things for me, fc1
> to fc3 worked well for most of the machines we had in that situation.

That was exactly my experience.
FH9 to FC1 was easier than any of the many Redhat upgrades I had made.
Most of the (fairly minor) problems I had
were with upgrading from FC1 to FC2,
particularly the change from XFree86 to Xorg.
FC2 to FC3 was fairly straightforward (though not as simple as RH9 to FC1).

I've always disabled SELinux,
as I've never seen what advantages it could bring me,
and it is clear from the newsgroups that it has caused lots of pain.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366