Fedora/Windows network

I am absolutely confused...

For example I have a FEDORA pc and a Windows (MAXDATA name on the network running XP professional, but similar results with XP Home machines) connected.

1) If I issue the command findsmb i get:
                               *=DMB
                               +=LMB
IP ADDR         NETBIOS NAME     WORKGROUP/OS/VERSION
192.168.0.1     FEDORA        *[FEDORA] [Unix] [Samba 3.0.10-1.fc3]

no trace of the Windows machine....

2) I issue the command:
smbclient -L //MAXDATA
Password:
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

       Sharename       Type      Comment
       ---------       ----      -------
       Lavoro          Disk
       IPC$            IPC       IPC remoto
       print$          Disk      Driver della stampante
       SharedDocs      Disk
       Musica          Disk
       ADMIN$          Disk      Amministrazione remota
       Immagini        Disk
       C$              Disk      Condivisione predefinita
       Software        Disk
       Musicaok        Disk
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

       Server               Comment
       ---------            -------

       Workgroup            Master
       ---------            -------

3) If i digit the command smb:/// in Nautilus I see my Workgroup, then I click on it and I see the list of the connected machines, I click on my MAXDATA machine and I see the shares, but when I click on a shared folders, Nautilus freezes, no password request....and I have to kill Nautilus by System Monitor...

4) If I digit smb://192.168.0.5/ (that is IP number of MAXDATA) everything works fine..I can access my shared folders through Nautilus, copy, delete files, etc, etc.....

5) If I digit smb://MAXDATA/  I get the poor results like point 3.

Samba shares on my Fedora machine are fine and seen on all network
What am I missing???

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org