Re: Totally Peeved-Fedora3 Upfrade Errors

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 13:29 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Mark Sargent wrote:

> > okay, thanx guys, but, could I have that in plain English, thanx. How does it
> > in fact change, possibly, my problem..? Cheers.
>
> Your problem appeared to be that your media wasn't being read properly
> from your CD drive. Turning off DMA in this way *may* fix it.
>
> P.S. Your timezone setting is still set for EST (-0500) instead of
> Japanese time (+0900).

    Actually, I think he's IN Japan...

    And I clean forgot this was an install, not an existing setup; to do
what you want, when you get the one of the first startup screens will
suggest you type "linux text", "Linux (something-or-other)" at that
screen type "linux nocddma" and it'll come up with this patch.

    Good luck with it!

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller