Re: Firefox and https in fc3

Hongwei Li wrote:
[...]

However, I face a problem when I use Firefox. I got:

You have received an invalid certificate.  Please contact the server
administator or email correspodent and give them the following
information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate
issued by the certificate authority.
Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

[...]
What does that mean -- "the same serial number as another certificate..."?

This is because you already "accepted" a test certificate from a different computer and FireFox is complaning that it's not unique. You need to purchase a valid cert from a certificate authority (Verisign, Thawte...).

If you want SSL for pure encryption and don't care to pay for a valid cert, then you can just generate one.

You can also just go to FireFox preferences and delete the offending cert.

--
Regards,
Matt Florido