Re: Slow GUI with Evolution (and only with Evolution)

> Have you tried changing the theme you are using? [...]
> Are you running evolution inside KDE? [...]
> on my FC3 machine --- faster than it used to be and, given its size,
> noticeably snappier than something supposedly lightweight like gedit.
>
> Best, Darren

Darren,

I'm not using any exotic theme -- I like Bluecurve, you see ;-) And no, I'm not running Evolution on KDE either (although the same thing happens if I go into KDE and run Evolution from there). KMail, Thunderbird, younameit... they all run just fine, on either Gnome or KDE. Evolution (not sure about version differences though, can't remember) runs just fine on a SuSE installation on the same machine (no Bluecurve there, though). And although I tend to favor KMail, I had said to myself: well, when using Gnome, it's better to run a native GTK+ application; the reality proved me wrong :-|

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org