python using deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert to SG_IO

SuperMicro X5DAL-TG2 motherboard
dual XEON 3.2 HT
2GB memory
/dev/sda ATA ST3160023AS 150GB (SATA) Windows
/dev/sdb ATA ST3160023AS 150GB (SATA) Fedora
kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3
python.i386 2.3.4-13.1

After my machine has been idle for sometime, it goes into a read only
state.  I cannot write to anything or even open a terminal.  When I
restart the machine I get this message repeating on my screen:

	EXT3-fs error (device sdb2) in start_transaction:Journal has aborted

not until I do a ctrl-alt-delete will it shutdown...and I believe it is
shutting down incorrectly.

Upon restart I have to fix drive errors with fsck.

Once it starts up everything is fine again until the next time it sits
for awhile without use.

If I do a dmesg I see this:

	program python is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
SG_IO

If I try hdparm -i /dev/sdb I get:

	HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

This is at the extent of my capabilities and am not sure what to do
next.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

--
Peter Torres <torresp@xxxxxxxxxx>