Re: HAL & USB

Jeff Vian wrote:

Are you using FC3.?

Yes.

On mine (as my regular user) it creates the device, the mount point, and
automounts it so I can browse using nautilus in gnome.

It does not put an entry is fstab.

I can manually unmount it, or remount it at will. However, using the
desktop menu to unmount it also removes the mount point, so I have to
either manually recreate the mount point or use an existing mount point
after unmounting via the menu.

For the time being I'm running without X support. I couldn't figure out if some X/Gnome components were involved in this so I just cut them out. I want somethig that will work via init 3, as I have to script mounting and unmounting the device. Once I have that working, I need to tell X/Gnome to keep its hands off that particular device.

For now, all I want is to figure out how to get the /dev/sdd1 entry created. Its in the morase of udev haldaemon somewhere.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill@xxxxxxx