Backups on DVD

Hi list,

I'm looking for a solution to backup data on a server on a monthly
basis. The amount of data to be backed up is about 20 GB. I do not have
any tape drives but have a DVD drive. I'd like to store the backups on a
few DVDs.

I use tar to get the complete backup done. How can i split the file in
4,7 GB. individual files and record them on DVDs?

Is there a better way to manage backups? I'm sure there is, but don't
know :( and i haven't found any backup tool in FC3...

I'd appreciate your help,

Alf