Re: bug in Radeon driver?

Paul Howarth wrote:

Tor Harald Thorland wrote:

espinosa wrote:

Some progress:
It looks like, there is problem with Xorg radeon driver shipped with Fedora 3. When I switch my Xorg to Vesa driver (disabled most of the extensions) problems disappeared!
Can anyone with Radeon card (my is Radeon 7500 mobility) and Fedora Core 3 confirm this behavior?

I have a Radeon IGP M320 on my laptop and as you can see on my posts today, it freezes up my laptop. I'm not an advanced linux user so... hope we get som help (As we always get on tis list :-)

Try adding a line:

    Option "NoAccel"

to the "Device" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see if that helps.

Paul.

The option Thing worked for the problem on my Amilo Laptop.

Thanks!!

Tor Harald Thorland