Re: 2.6.10-1.12_FC2

I have rebuilt the initrd image --with=reiserfs (no .ko) but I still get a
kernel panic:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Kernel panic -  not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(3,2)

I named the initrd as initrd.custom.img and it is in the /boot directory
and added

initrd /initdd.custom.img to the grub line

but still a bombout.

In fact during a 2.6.5 bootup, it is clearly loading the reiserfs module
from dmesg:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
reiserfs: using ordered data mode

etc etc

It is a bit annoying when earlier kernels worked OK only for RH/Fedora to
change within a release - I could understand it better if this was when
going to FC3 for example.

I have now changed the boot partition to ext3 (ie copied it, mkfs.ext3
/dev/hda1 copied it back and re-installed grub - the grub.conf is the
same) but I still get the same kernel panic although I can boot it back in
the 2.6.5 kernel OK.

Further clues?

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              a.einstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com