Re: FC3 vs. Windows 2000

Robert Styma wrote:
>    My brother in law will be returning from Iraq
> in another couple of months and one of the things
> I am doing for him is to build him a computer.
<snip>

jdow wrote:
> Build the Linux machine whatever distro. Set it up cleanly
> for him. Be ready to walk him through some shake down. See
> how well it goes. If the "experiment" fails you can always
> do W2K later with no loss of money, just time. Going the
> other way may be more inconvenient.

Um. To the best of my knowledge, you can get a ~$100 to $150 OEM Windows
license if you buy it with the hardware. If you try buying it later,
then you'll either have to buy another hard disk or motherboard (and
probably argue with the sales rep), or pay full price.

This might be a good way of keeping him on Linux, of course!

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and,
Exeter    Devon    UK | like a clock, it regularly went cuckoo."