Re: 2.6.10-1.12_FC2 kernel

John Logsdon wrote:
I have just yummed updated my FC2 installation and moved from 2.6.5-1.358
to 2.6.10-1.12_FC2.  Except it barfs when I boot with a kernel panic.

The cause is that I have /boot formatted as reiserfs and, unlike the
earlier kernel, it tries to mount /boot as ext2.  I guess reiserfs is
set as a module rather than compiled into the kernel.

Apart from copying /boot over, remaking the filesystem and copying it back
- or recompiling the kernel - what kernel parameters should I give to
ensure that the kernel will load reiserfs before trying to mount /boot?
I have tried simply adding reiserfs to the kernel line in grub but this
doesn't work.  I can't get the module command to work - the module is on a
non-boot partition that is also reiser and since it hasn't loaded reiser,
it can't find it.

Any clues?

Have you tried rebuilding your initrd with reiserfs support?

# mkinitrd -v --with=reiserfs /boot/initrd-2.6.10-1.12_FC2.img 2.6.10-1.12_FC2

Paul.
(also in Manchester UK)