Re: newbie in trouble - recovering fstab

Mark, thanks for the reply

> Boot your rescue CD, go to the command prompt and mount your disk. When
> the disk is mounted chroot with this command:
>
>         chroot /mnt/sysimage
In trying to boot in linux rescue from CD1 I get:
"An error occured trying to mount some or all of your system. Some of
it may be mounted under /mnt/sysimage"

But when I look in /mnt all there is is "/runtime" and "/source" no
"/sysimage". Naturally enough
# mount /mnt/sysimage
doesn't work (can't remember the exact error message - something about
/mnt/sysimage not existing)

So, I'm not getting very far yet...

Duncan