Re: FC1 multiple ethernet interface issue

>> ...in FC1...
>> eth0 and eth1 are in the same subnet and are two separate onboard
>> nic's.  Eth0 comes up on boot, eth1 is manual.
>> If I take down eth1 via ifdown eth1 it seems like the route
>> is mangled, or at least the gateway is removed.  I have no
confirmed
>> the route tables being modified, but it is reproducible.

> What exactly do you mean by on the "same subnet".  On the same
> physical network?  Are you dual subnetting (running two different
> subnet address blocks on the same physicial link)?  Or are you
really
> running the same subnet and trying to split traffic across both
cards?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm running the same subnet, 255.255.0.0 on
both nic's.  I just want to keep the traffic that hits the ip on the
second nic as seperated as possible from the first nic.

> Perhaps just the output of these files will help:
>   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>   /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

ifcfg-eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:0D:60:4E:90:B4
IPADDR=10.x.y.107
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

ifcfg-eth1:
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:0D:60:4E:90:B5
ONBOOT=no
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=10.x.y.121
NETMASK=255.255.0.0

/etc/sysconfig/network:
NETWORKING=yes
GATEWAY=10.x.y.1

> As well as any other advanced settings you may have made,
> especially routing-related settings.

Nothing funny as far as static routes, etc.

> Also try running this command
>   /sbin/ip route list
> both before and after you take down eth1.

eth0 up and eth1 down (normal boot):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth0

eth0 up and eth1 up (via ifup eth1):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth1  scope link
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.x.y.121
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth1

eth0 up and eth1 down (via ifdown eth1):
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link

eth0 up and eth1 down(via /etc/init.d/network restart):
10.1.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo  scope link
default via 10.x.y.1 dev eth0

So, looks like the default gw is being removed.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Dave