Re: How to get KDE system WITHOUT Gnome Defaults

Dave wrote:

Is there any (simple) way to tell FC3 that I want all the default application handlers to be the KDE programs, not the Gnome ones? I'm sick & tired of Gedit coming up every time I click on a text file in Konqueror, for example, and I don't want to have to go through every single tedious association in Konqueror changing it. I specified a freaking KDE system when I installed!

In FC2, Dave, at the logon screen one may choose the type of desktop one wants to run by clicking on the word "session" at the bottom of the screen and then choosing the desktop if more than one desktop has been installed on the system. After reading your message, I logged off of my Gnome desktop session, selected KDE desktop session, logged back on to the system, launched Konqueror, pointed the browser at /etc, and double clicked on a .conf file. Kwrite opened displaying the .conf file so Kwrite is the designated default helper app in the browser. I expect KDE apps are the default apps throughout that desktop.