LVM, resize /, & FC3 defaults

Hi Fedora List,

Ran into a problem with LVM and FC3. I can work around the problem but was curious if anyone here has experienced the roadblock I hit.

I installed FC3 in a testbed. I accepted the default partition scheme which defaulted to LVM use on a single drive.

A few weeks later, I went to resize the LVM partition. First I had resize the ext3 filesystem with resize2fs. I couldn't do a resize operation on a mounted / partition. Not a problem. I boot from Rescue CD...

which can't see LVM partitions?

I understand the technical problems about a generic rescue CD detecting the infinite number of possible LVM combinations and configurations. That led me to wonder about the wisdom of having LVM as the default during installation of FC3.

Comments please?