Re: 'Kitchen'-Timer Applet

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:51:04 +0100, Thomas Zehetbauer
<thomasz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is someone aware of a 'kitchen'-timer applet for gnome? Something small
> sitting in the dock that pops up a time entry form when clicked and
> notifies the user when that time has come.
>
> I have already tried timer-applet but this doe not show up in the 'Add
> to Panel...' dialog and dies silently when started from the command
> line. Anyone succeeded with this?

Have no idea why the timer app would do that.  Have you tried firing
the command associated to the application in a terminal?  Can you send
output?

Ok, http://www.gnomefiles.org/  and then search for timer in the
search dialog.

There are a couple of options.  I hate using KDE apps on my gnome
desktop.  sympathies to you.