Re: Mounting USB & XP

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:42:47 -0500, Chethiya Ranaweera
<ckranaweera@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1) How do u mount a usb thumb drive in fc3?

Ok, you should NOT with udev and HAL and all that other stuff have to
actually mount the usb thumb drive in FC3.

You should plug it in and it should just after about five seconds
appear on your desktop.

Please report if this does NOT work for you.  You can add a /dev/sdaX
line to your fstab and mount manually or set it up with automount but
you should not have to.

> 2) I have a fc3 partion and an XP partion. How can I mount the xp partion on
> fc3 forever?

NTFS RPMS for Fedora are here:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/index.html

Instructions for use are here:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/instructions.html

Take the time to read through the whole thing.  Yes, it is worth it
and no I am not being a RTFM bastiche because I did not read the whole
way through the first time and wish I had because it has good info.