Re: Need help: X GUI objects invisible

Carroll Grigsby wrote:

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 08:50 pm, Bruce Elliott wrote:

What I'm planing to do is to resinstall the
smallest version of SuSE Linux that I can, in dual-boot mode (I hope
that won't clobber anything in the Fedora install, aside from borrowing
some disk space), and then to see what its xorg.conf looks like.  <snip>

Bruce:
Rather than going through all of the hassle of installing and then uninstalling SuSE, it would be a lot less work if you used a live-CD distro; Knoppix is especially good at identifying and configuring hardware.
-- cmg

Carroll - Thanks for the tip. As it happens, the SuSE installer wouldn't let me install without clobbering Fedora, so I aborted. I was going to do it only if it would let me resized one partition to make enough room for a bare-bones installation of SuSE, and then to grab whatever X components I needed. It looks like there's a more up-to-date xorg version that I should just try to get, so I'll follow that route for now.

- Bruce

(BTW - you're not from Baltimore, are you? The only other "Carroll" I know is named for the old Baltimore family of the same spelling. Just curious.)