Re: [OT] winXP bug with FC3 LVM

On 10 Feb 2005, at 23:13, Dale Sykora wrote:

On 10 Feb 2005, at 22:00, Dale Sykora wrote:
I thought I would post this here as it appears related to FC3 (although it appears a winXP bug) and this may be useful to some. If you have a system with FC3 and LVM and then you try to boot and install winXP, the winXP setup will lockup with a blank screen after the "Setup inspecting ..." message. If you reboot with Linux, delete the partitions, and reboot with winXP, winXP setup works normally.
I don't want to sound rude, but shouldn't you complain Microsoft about this? It seems that Windows XP is also weak in trying to cohabit with other operating systems.
Felipe,
This was not meant to be a complaint, just an FYI. I posted it for 2 reasons. 1) because I could not find any info about this with google 2) I think this may be useful to atleast some on this list who might rebuild or move a FC3 disk to winXP from time to time.

Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood your post :-)