Re: NTP problem - Clock too fast for NTP to keep up?

I looked at mine and I find that the offset and jitter are much smaller. From the following link, the offset should be less.

Definately. I see MUCH less on my physical servers.

manually reset it. Also look at the drift file as if this is out, your clock will run at the wrong pace. You may have to delete this file and start again.

The drift file never changes from 0.000

http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Protocols/ntp.php
http://ldp.paradoxical.co.uk/LDP/sag/html/x2883.html

I've done LOTS of reading on NTP and set it up lots of times but this situation has me stumped.

--
Regards,
Peter Kiem

Zordah IT - IT Consultancy and Internet Services
Ph: (0414) 724-766   Fax: (07) 3344-5827
Web: www.zordah.net  Email: zordah@xxxxxxxxxx