Re: NTP problem - Clock too fast for NTP to keep up?

I've got a FC3 machine where the system clock ADVANCES at a rapid rate which screws up the services I have running.

your bios/hardwareclock runs normal time on your FC3 machine ???

Well here is the rub. The FC3 is actually a virtual server inside VMware GSX 3.1 running on a RHEL ES server. I tried to get help using VMware in the subject but noone seems to want to tackle THAT problem :(

I've tried to resolve this with VMware but in the end they couldn't help me as Fedora is not yet a supported OS.

The host server is rock solid steady in it's time from it's hardware clock and using NTP with the same source I am trying to get the virtual servers to update from.

A windows virtual server has no problems inside VMware, just the Fedora Core 2 and 3 servers :(

I was hoping there was a way I could cajole NTP to work better despite what is causing the virtual server clock to run too fast.

--
Regards,
Peter Kiem

Zordah IT - IT Consultancy and Internet Services
Ph: (0414) 724-766   Fax: (07) 3344-5827
Web: www.zordah.net  Email: zordah@xxxxxxxxxx