Display goes bad, seemingly randomly, during install of FC3

Hello,
I'm currently talking my friend through and FC3 install over the phone. Her video card and monitor seem to get properly detected. However, seemingly randomly, the display goes bad as what she describes as a "barcode with color" like display. THe first time this happened on Anaconda launch. The second time happened while she was choosign the timezone on the map. The third happened while she was customizing the packages. As I type she's rebooting and start fresh from memory of my instructions.

Any ideas on what ould be causign this? I've never encountered such before.

Thanks