Re: Notebook on Windows Network

Denham Eva wrote:
Thanks Paul for at least quering.
Ok what I mean is - I am on the network i.e. my WinXP workstation can see my fedora-Core3-Notebook and even browse to my user account via Samba.
But my notebook seems to not be able to see anything. If I try browsing the Lan I find only localhost network. If I ping my Windows XP workstation it see that. So I am on the network (or should I say I managed that thus far) but am stuck as to how to get linux to "join" the Windows Domain.

Do you really mean "Domain"? That word has a special meaning in Windows networking. A regular home network will use a "Workgroup" rather than a "Domain".

You still haven't said what you're actually trying to do. Joining a domain doesn't actually "do" anything. Are you trying to access files or printers on the Windows machines, for instance?

Paul.