[OT?] Remote management service idea

    I have an idea.  Please throw rocks.

    I start a company to support Fedora Core 3 remotely. A salesman just
does a 'full' install (or preferably a kickstart) and puts it on the
net. He helps the brave ex-window inmate set up the email/IM/etc and I
start the support from there, doing a yum update, and all that.

    The whole thing would happen over broadband, with GnomeMeeting, and
they'd contact me for support at anytime over it, or if need be, by
phone.

    Just $20 would have me installing new software, adding users, or
whatever is needed as long as they want.  The salesman could charge
whatever he wants, assuming $80.

    What I need to know is:

    1. How many of you would be willing to 'sign on' to this support now
(for grandma, the kids, what-have you) and

    2. How many people do you feel certain you could convert and put
onto this service?

    If I can get enough, I can get outta this stupid security guard
uniform for good...

Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller