Re: Installing Fedora Core 3 from the hard disk

mohamed hagag wrote:

    I was Have problems Installing Fedora from hard i want to do that
    Because I don't have any CD-ROM & I borrowed o­ne from a frind But
    Many Distros can't read from it .

      all U want to start installing the fedora core 3 distro from
      Your hard disk :

   1. FAT formated Floppy .

2. Fedora Core 3 " FC3 " ISO Images .

3. Prepartitioned HDD with the next Specs .

|--- 8 - 10 GB drive for root file system .

|--- 512 - 1024 MB drive for sawp space .

4. hd_grub.img boot disk img // get it from here . http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.1/i586/install/images/hd_grub.img

   5. rawritewin.exe // get it from here .
      http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.1/i586/dosutils/rawwritewin.exe

   6. use "rawritewin.exe" to make the boot disk from "hd_grub.img" .

7. put the "FC3" ISO Images in folder like this d:\fc3 or e:\fc3 don't put them o­n the drive you just made to install o­n it.

8. get the kernel "vmlinuz" & the ramdisk "initrd.img" from the first iso image normaly they are in "isolinux/vmlinuz" and "isolinux/initrd.img" and put them o­n folder like fc3/img .

9. Edit menu.lst o­n the boot floppy that You have made to be like this :

      timeout 100 # time befor auto boot

      default 0 # defualt selection

      fallback 1 # i don't know

      title Fedora Install # main selection

root (hd0,4) # change "4" to the partition holding ISO images normaly c:\ = 0 , D:\ = 4 , E:\ = 5 and so o­n " in some cases you have to try numbers from 0 to 9 "

kernel /fc3/img/vmlinuz ramdisk_size=128000 root=/dev/ram3 acpi=ht vga=788 # the path to vmlinuz "the kernel Binary" don't use drive letters . automatic=method:disk

      initrd /fc3/img/initrd.img # the path to the initrd.img

  10. Reboot and boot from the Disk and when the installer ask you
      about the installation Method choose "Hard Drive" and choose the
      drive that holds the ISO images & enter the name of the folder
      in the blue text box.

for any informations Contact Me By Email or Messanger :

mohamed_hagag1981 at yahoo

mohamed_hagag1981 at hotmail

mohamed_hagag "at" yalla "dot" com

YALLA  FREE Internet Number inside Egypt : 0777 4444

Visit YALLA Site www.yalla.com

Neat! Thanks for sharing your approach, Mohamed