Re: routing question (almost there!)

Well yes, that is the code, I simplified it a bit. But that's not important, it's that hyphen that's tripping me.

I can of course edit the script as you suggest, but was hoping there
was another syntax that would accomplish what I want, without having
to remember months from now (every time a new core comes out) to go
back, check and re-edit the script.

Mike Klinke wrote:

Which OS are you using? The FC3 network intialization stanza looks like:

# Add non interface-specific static-routes.
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/static-routes ]; then

grep "^any" /etc/sysconfig/static-routes | while read ignore args ; do
/sbin/route add -$args

done
fi

which searches for any line beginning with the word "any". Anyway, try it without the "-" on "-net".
--
Douglas Frank
HP Co.