Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 10:03:20AM -0600, Mike Klinke wrote:
> On Saturday 05 February 2005 06:00, Warren Togami wrote:
>  >
> > Totally in agreement, please read my post on this subject here.
> >
> > http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/2005/02/04/
> >
> > Key to the problem is that mailing lists are far from the best
> > medium for end-user support.  We need to steer end-users to an
> > entirely different medium in order to scale effectively.
> > Official project change in that direction is happening soon.
> > Read the link above for details.
> >

> To echo jdow's sentiment, "eeeewwwwwwww!"  If web forums are the
> future, I know from past experiences, I'm unlikely to visit very
> often since they're such a royal pain in the keester to use.  Will
> the messages at least be archived in a sensible manner so that they
> can be downloaded and read in a normal mail reader offline?
>
> Regards, Mike Klinke
I don't know where is opposition to the list is coming from but I see
no real problem with the list as it exists. I am currently not using
Usenet and am not that exited to start. The volume on the list as I
have said before comes from  having questions on all three Fedora versions
packaged into one list.
In many cases one can';t tell which FCx version is being used by the
questioner. For example, recently a brief interchange occurred on
whether OO is written in Java. Well FC1 and FC3 have different OO
setups so the question is hard to deal with is the Fedora distribution
is not identified.
Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat.
		-- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.