Re: Install hang question ...

mconsidine@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If rhgb is causing the problem you can get into the GRUB
menu select the right kernel, and press 'a' to edit the
kernel arguments. Then remove the rhgb part.

That worked. At least to the point where it now doesn't
like my video card (RIVA128 AGP) and - dispite bringing up
eth0 OK - not being able to ping to 'net. :)

Turns out it didn't like the default color depth of 16. So
I editted xorg.conf and changed 16 to 8 (using emacs). Rebooted. X server now came up and is giving me all the
needed screens to sync date/time, monitor config, etc. Theoretically I should now be able to finish the setup.

Thought this might help some other newbie to FC3

Matt

Now that you have the proper settings in the xorg.conf file rhgb should also work properly.