Re: Install hang question ...

> > If rhgb is causing the problem you can get into the GRUB
> > menu select the  right kernel, and press 'a' to edit the
> > kernel arguments. Then remove  the rhgb part.
>
> That worked.  At least to the point where it now doesn't
> like my video card (RIVA128 AGP) and - dispite bringing up
> eth0 OK - not being able to ping to 'net.  :)

Turns out it didn't like the default color depth of 16.  So
I editted xorg.conf and changed 16 to 8 (using emacs).
Rebooted.  X server now came up and is giving me all the
needed screens to sync date/time, monitor config, etc.
Theoretically I should now be able to finish the setup.

Thought this might help some other newbie to FC3

Matt