Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On 6 Feb 2005, at 19:25, William Hooper wrote:
Felipe Alfaro Solana said:
On 6 Feb 2005, at 17:44, Matthew Miller wrote:
ok, let's work from the premise that the "be nice" policy (good choice
of words) has to be enforcable. is enforcement compatible with nntp,
or, can it be made compatible? even if they're they're incompatible, to
not use nntp is to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Oh, I'm *all for* using nntp. (See my earlier message.) I just think
it'd be better on a private server, with a nice web interface for those
who want it.

+1 for NNTP

What's wrong with gmane? They already carry the fedora lists and have a
web interface...

What's wrong with NNTP? ;-)
Now seriously, I hate web interfaces. I have grown used to NNTP as a support infraestructure: I am also a Microsoft betatester and they use NNTP extensively. It's pretty dynamic and friendly. They also offer an HTTP gateway to NNTP but it's slow and near nobody uses it.