Re: FC3 on Toshiba Satellite A15-S129 Laptop?

Well I found with FC2 that pcmcia network cards (wired or wireless) did
not work in a logical fashion. Since network services started before
pcmcia the network cards would not startup at boot time if you marked
them to start at boot time. They would start at boot time if you marked
them NOT to start at boot. Not logical at all. But it has been working
on my Dell latitude for well over a year now.

I can't tell from what you sent what chip set that particular card has. I have a DWL-G650 that use with the prism54 drivers. I believe your
card has a different chip set.

If you try FC3 on it again try to restart pcmcia services and look
through the log files and post relevant portions here.

The D-Link DWL-650 that I have is a Prism II card. It uses the orinoco and orinoco_cs drivers. I could also use the wlan-ng or the hostap drivers as far as I know but I've not tried them. (These drivers support scanning.)

What concerns me is that the pcmcia slot did not appear to function at all. I tried putting in a modem card and the wireless card and there was no beep to indicate that a card had been inserted into the pcmcia slot. I'm concerned that the pcmcia slot may not be supprted as it is in RH9.

To get your DWL-G650 to work in FC2, did you have to install manually any drivers or is it all included in FC2?

Rick B.