Re: Adding to Panel in Fedora2

Craig White wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 20:29 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

if I use the following cmd from cli ./usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird thunderbird starts. If I put the same path, minus the ".", in the launcher command field it starts thunderbird's install wizard. What am I missing.? Cheers.

----
it means wherever here is, start from here.

if you 'cd /'

and typed ./usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird
or
/usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird

the result would be the same

If you were anywhere else, it wouldn't be the same.

It means, that you installed Thunderbird from a tarball in some
directory path other than /

Craig

Hi All,

sorry, little confused. I installed here, /usr/bin/thunderbird. Typing ./usr/bin/thunderbird/thunderbird starts the app. That's great. But, when starting the app from the icon on the panel, with the same path, it wants to run the setup wizard again. Shouldn't be happening, as I've already set it up. Clicking Main Menu/Internet/Email gives the same result, thunderbird's initial setup wizard running after I've already set it up after initially installing. Hope that clears things up. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.