Re: FUDCon registration

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:30:04PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

My suggestion is based on an idea that has been successfully applied in the theoretical chemistry area for about 10 years, and certainly in other areas that I don't know about: It's the idea of an "electronic conference". Better than trying to explain the details here, I would just point the people interested to one that is just about to happen:
http://eccc.monmouth.edu/

There's certainly room for that too -- but there's also a value in getting as many people as possible together to talk directly at least every now and then.

Yes, the two ideas aren't exclusive. I just wanted to leave the thought around. Who knows, some day in the future someone will want to organize one electronic version...

I can't promise anything, but I've heard that there's going to be some
effort to make as much as possible of the conference available over the net.
(Video cameras and such.)

Thant would be just great!! Would there be any chance for participation over the net, instead of just following? (kinda videconferencing?)

Cheers,
*Gustavo Seabra* <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/personnel/faculty/grad/jvo/ortiz/people_seabra.html> - Graduate Student
E-Mail: seabra@xxxxxxx <mailto:seabra@xxxxxxx>
Phone: (785) 532-6072 Chemistry Department <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/>