Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

David Cary Hart wrote:
We've beaten this to death but we authenticate SMTP with SASL AuthD (as
do many ISPs). This does not require additional ports.

And here we go in circle again...

Roaming users aren't the issue. This pertains exclusively to a third
party contact that happens to be traveling in a banned area and needs to
send email. In that event, when that occurs, I'll deal with it.
Meanwhile, 100% of the email that we have ever received from servers in
China and Korea has been spam. We have no business reason to accept mail
from either area.

I guess you also have company policy of not employing anybody who might know anybody from China? ;-)

We're not an ISP. My machine - my rules. End of story.

I never said how you should configure your machines, eh. I only argued about blocking entire countries in general. Somebody in China might as well say that only email he gets from US is spam. And than we all live in our little small vilages again. And get the same amount of spam we were getting while we were living in global world. It's kind of pointless at the end of the story.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited