Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

David Cary Hart wrote:
BTW, rbldnsd uses considerably less memory than NTPD. Blocking China and
Korea is an extremely effective technique. If we ever get a client in
the PRC, I'll be sure to whitelist them -;)

Some people tend to have Canada in the list too. For whatever reason. One person added entire .ca because he got single spam from Canadian address (talk about trigger happy).

Anyhow, in todays world, blocking entire countries sucks. It kills mobility. If somebody who's on vacation or bussiness trip in one of those countries sends email to one of your users, it'll get blocked. Now, you can say that possibility of that is low, but you never know when you'll get bitten. If you are doing such limitations, why stop half-way, why not create a list of countries you want to communicate with, and ban all the rest? Because it is bad idea?

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited