Re: Recommendations for laptop a/c management?

Around about 02/02/05 13:13, Leonard Isham typed ...
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:09:08 -0600, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You might want to create a separate /home2 for the home account so it is
accessible from both locations.  User IDs (uid) being the same at both
sites would make the copy easy with permissions for both users in the
same directories.

I don't claim to be an expert, but if you have to sync 2 home directories I would look at Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/).

That looks feasable; as long as the box is happy with two accounts having the same UID, it should be OK (I guess that was the trick I was missing). Worst comes to worst, I guess I could use some form of local rsync or whatever.

  Ta.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature

-=-=-
... Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.