Re: Getting my wife to switch to Fedora

Chip Lueck wrote:
I'm in the process of weaning my wife from her M$ addiction (I'm
already a Linux geek, running FC3, fully updated).

For those interested, I started the weaning process by moving all her
"My Documents" in the Windoze world to her home dir on my Fedora box. I changed the pointer of her My Documents from her local hard drive to
a Samba-mount. Once she was used to her documents being in a
different place, I gave her a CD to boot from. This CD will boot her
machine as a thin client (ltsp/etherboot) to have a session on my FC3
box. This has been helpful so she can immerse herself in the new
world, but still have her safety blanket at her fingertips, and I
didn't have to make her machine dual-boot.

We're at the point now where she only uses her safety blanket for
Palm-related stuff.  I'm ready to get her a new machine and her own
fresh Fedora installation, but the two Palm apps are the only stopping
point.

Buy her a new PDA that is supported if that is required. Then let Palm know. Money speaks louder than words to businesses. :)

My wife loves Linux at home. Uses a Mac for her work (pre OSX) and Windows for running some machines. Linux is her favorite. One of the reasons I love her. :)

--
Robin Laing