Re: Fedora Core 3 sound problems.....?

I tried this (Gnome - applications - sound & video - volume control). Nothing is "muted", all sliders are set on high levels. Still no sound.

You do not mention with which app you want to play your CDs resp. DVDs. Or at least I cannot find it in your non conventional quoting art.

Let's start with the simplest question:
check if your DVD/CD-Player is connected to the soundcard (there is usually a cable connecting both).

--
Regards
Markus Huber