Re: SCSI AHA-1542B Adaptec on ISA and scanner HP ScanJet IIp

Scanner doesn't work when I am logged as `user'.
Scanner works when I am logged as `root' -- after `modprobe aha1542' each time I run FC.

When I am logged as a `user', Xsane item is with `no smoking' and
software doesn't detect scanner even the scanner is in system devices after command modprobe aha1542 as `root'.

Can I set permission for `user'  ?

Chris

Edward wrote:

David Curry wrote:

Krzysztof Kujawski wrote:

My FC3 doesn't see SCSI host Adaptec AHA-1542B (ISA) and scanner HP ScanJet IIp (DB50 Centronix).
Devices work on Windows 2000.

Where I can't find drivers?

Chris

Chris, I suspect that you already have on hand everything you need to install your HP ScanJet if you opted to include the sane and sane backend packages in your FC3 installation. Check out http://www.sane-project.org and documentation on your system in /usr/share/doc/ (file:///usr/share/doc/sane-backends-1.0.13 as URL in a browser for graphical interface).
Can't help with the SCSI issue.

You may have to:

modprobe aha1542

To load the SCSI module if Kudzu didn't pick it up. Once the module loads, it should automatically find (and also tell you it found) the ScanJet attached to it.

You will not see the ScanJet until the SCSI is properly working, so get the 1542B working first.

Regards,
Ed.